Support for pandemic prevention in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region
Location: Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region | Funded by: GIZ
- Elaboration of evaluation approach
- Analysis of key documents, policies, reports
- Interview and focus group discussions with beneficiaries, key stakeholders and policymakers in nine of the 15 ECOWAS member states and at a regional level; module counterparts, donors
- Triangulation of information
- Use of specific tools for the contribution analysis and efficiency analysis
- Elaboration of evaluation products (reports, abstracts, presentation).
Project description: GIZ supports the Regional Programme Support to Pandemic Preparedness (RPPP) in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Region, specifically the module under the referred programme. The module’s objective is to improve the advisory services provided by the ECOWAS Commission, WAHO, and specialist agencies to the ECOWAS member states in establishing selected disease control mechanisms in accordance with the International Health Regulations, the programme main goal is that the population of the region is better protected against infectious diseases. evaplan was commissioned to carry final evaluation of the module`s first phase, to support evidence-based decisions, promote transparency and accountability, and foster organisational learning within the scope of contributing to effective knowledge management.