Research project on the role of social pensions in improving old age security
Location: Vietnam | Funded by: GIZ
- Support ILSSA in general and exemplarily within the framework of the research on the old age pension in improving their capacity related to:
- Collection of secondary data sources and necessary documentation
- Development, pre-testing and adjustment of research instruments
- Interviews at the national and local level
- Analysis of data
- Production of a short paper for provincial / district/commune staff
- Elaboration of a training needs assessment at the national and local level
- Workshops on qualitative survey instruments, data analysis (simulations / qualitative analysis) and research dissemination
- Production of a final study report in English showing the main results of the study and conclusions for Vietnam and the Vietnamese GIZ programme (together with the sector initiative “Applied Research in Health Programmes of German Development Cooperation”)
- Support ILSSA to prepare a peer-reviewed research paper.
Project description: The primary aim of this research project was to analyze the role of social pensions in improving old age security in Vietnam, in light of the existing political, financial and administrative parameters. A secondary aim was to empower MoLISA and its research institute ILSSA to develop evidence-based policy formulations aimed at improving old age security in Vietnam.