Public-Private Partnership to Improve the Quality and Safety of Healthcare in Algerian Hospitals
Location: Algeria | Funded by: BMZ/Sequa/evaplan
Overall objective: The aim of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) project is to contribute to an improvement of quality and safety of healthcare services in Algeria through the introduction and deployment of an adapted and integrated systemic quality improvement system in 10 hospitals.
aQua/evaplan together with local partners, set up a hospital network partnership that is supported in their quality improvement efforts, including indicator-based assessments, setting up and institutionalizing quality structures, tailored action plans and establishing a culture of learning.
- Establishment of a Partnership Network in the country and a long-term presence
- Development of Indicator Based Quality Improvement Approach including:
- Multifaceted assessments – quality audit and expert feedback
- Development of Action Plans together with the hospital QI Teams and monitoring regularly with feedback meetings
- Training on-site during the quality audits
- Peer-to-peer workshop with the QI Teams and establishing a QI community
Project description: With the develoPPP.de programme, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (“BMZ”) offers financial support for businesses which run long-term projects with development-political (added) value in the partner countries. SEQUA has been one of the executing organisations which implement the BMZ’s develoPPP.de programme. Commissioned by Sequa gGmbH, the project was implemented by evaplan GmbH in cooperation with aQua Institute from Nov 2016 to Oct 2019.