Providing elements to strengthen national public health institutes: a systematic review on institution building in the public sector
Location: Germany | Funded by: Robert Koch Institute (RKI)
- Scientific databases and key libraries of international organizations searches.
- Gathering and organizing all the sources of evidence
- Title and abstract screening
- Full text review with full application of the inclusion criteria
- Application of qualitative framework for data analysis
- Data extraction of included documents
- Quality appraisal of grey and published literature
- Analysis of the information and writing the report for RKI and IANPHI (International Association of National Public Health Institutes)
- Writing the manuscript for publication.
Project description: The main objective of the systematic review is to critically review and summarize the available evidence, providing an overview of state-of-the-art methodological approaches, guiding documents and evaluations regarding public (health) institution-building, identifying best practices or guidance related to institution-building in general, to institution-building as part of development cooperation in particular, and institution-building in national public health systems, specifically. The systematic review shall feed methodological evidence and knowledge into the update process of the framework for the development of National Public Health Institutes (NPHIs) of the International Association of the National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI).