GIZ Innovation Factory
Location: Berlin | Funded by: GIZ
Key objectives: To support the innovation factory digital health thematic group to set up, nurture and advise the Country Units (CU) and the innovation factory management team. For 3 years, evaplan acted as a resource institution for the innovation factory throughout the different project processes and across the different structures of the innovation factory.
- Support the identification and establishment process of Country Units
- Development of tools to support the process of setting up the CU and coming up with a common vision and mission.
- Contribute to the global and country Kick-Off workshops and tailored needs analysis
- Guide the networks towards a participatory ideation process, informed by local needs and backed by international knowledge
- Provide continuous technical contributions on current developments, research, projects and events in digital health tailored to the needs of the Country Units
- Providing technical input to project ideas and proposals developed within the Country Units
- Fostering knowledge-sharing and promoting dialogue on the platform and with external audience including at the republica Berlin
- Support identification of third-party funding sources as well as the application for potential grants and proposals and encouraging further networking.
Project description: The global initiative ‘Innovation Factory’ commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ provides space for practitioners of international cooperation for thinking outside the box and developing innovative ideas in 9 countries worldwide in three thematic fields: digital health, ICT for agriculture and future4nature.
Recognizing that digital technologies in health have tremendous potential to support health systems in delivering equal access to quality services, the innovation factory provides a collaborative creative space for health and IT professionals to make use of the innovation potential that digital technologies provide to support health systems in delivering quality health services.
We presented at Berlin festival for the digital society, re:publica, our work with the Innovation Factory, watch here.