Development of an orientation document to support Misereor’s Latin America department in its strategy development for health activities
Location: Latin America | Funded by: Misereor
- To carry out an analysis and provide concrete proposals on which to base the development of a health strategy for Latin America.
- Literature review on health systems situation in Latin America, including the burden of disease patterns, Universal Health Coverage, financial schemes, the situation of vulnerable population
- Analysis of the current different health system approaches and situation of Universal Health coverage in the Latin American countries
- Analysis of the existing policies and strategies of Misereor in the field of health and for the Latin America Region
- Deeper analysis of three case-study countries: Brazil, Honduras, and Peru
- Interviews with regional and country health experts; Misereor counterparts, and Misereor staff
- Triangulation of information, data analysis
- Elaboration of conclusions and suggestions for Misereor work in the health field
- Elaboration of the final report (German and Spanish), presentation of the findings in internal workshop.
Project description: The assignment provided criteria to better decide in which countries and contexts, with which approach, and on which health topics it is appropriate to work with partners and, if necessary, to support their projects. Two main options were considered: a) integration of health into current projects and b) inclusion of health as a new area can be introduced.