Development of a Program Implementation Strategy of the Liberian-German Health Programme
Location: Liberia, Germany | Funded by: BMZ/GIZ
- Conceive a joined programme implementation strategy 2017-2020 of the Liberian-German Health Programme as well a corresponding fact sheet, aiming at informing partners and stakeholders about the contributions that Programme is making towards achieving the core priorities of the Investment Plan for Building a Resilient Health System 2015-2021.
- A cohesive Programme Implementation Strategy for the contribution of the German Health Care support and specifically the contribution of the GIZ. Interventions were, mapped towards the national strategies and plans, including the core priorities of the Liberia Investment Plan.
- The Strategy was finalized for official sharing and complemented by a fact sheet.
Project description: In the aftermath of the Ebola crisis the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), together with Liberia’s Ministry of Health, defined three core technical cooperation projects under the overall objective to support the countries efforts in rebuilding and strengthening the health care delivery system. The German contribution to these projects is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).
- Post Ebola Health System Strengthening (PEGSS)
- Establishing Integrated Severe Infections Treatment Unit (inSITU)
- Employment-oriented support to women in the health sector (EWH).